Sunday, March 25, 2012

Easter Egg Cake Pops

These little babies are so Delicious! Something about cake on a stick is better than just a
slice of cake, and in the spirit of Easter, why not make egg shaped cake pops?

You could easily package these up with a little baggy, and some ribbon and add them to your child's Easter basket.


You will need
cake mix {and ingredients listed on box}


1/2 package of cake frosting ( if you choose chocolate cake, then get chocolate frosting, if yellow cake then get vanilla frosting)

White and pink Chocolate Candy Melts {2 bags from Michael’s}

Candy sticks {from Michael’s}

Pastel Sprinkles

Styrofoam

Directions:
Line a baking pan with foil, then cook your cake according to package instructions.
When its done let it cool then crumble it up in a large bowl.

Next you want to spoon about half the container of frosting into the bowl, and begin to mix together with your hands.
Your cake should be moist enough to shape into a large mound and hold its shape.

Next,
Now instead of rolling your cake ball with the palm of your hands, grab a little plastic Easter egg, and fill both ends with your mix. Continue this until you have no cake left.

Place them in the fridge for about 2 hours or so.

FYI: I eyeballed this step, I had every intention of using the plastic eggs to help me mold the shape,I could have sworn I had some so I didn't buy any while I was out getting my ingredients. But I didn't...Instead of going out and getting some, I figured I would try to eyeball it. It actually wasn't to hard.
So if you feel comfortable...go ahead and eyeball it!   

Now take your eggs out of the fridge, and open them up. You should have a perfectly formed little cake egg!

Now it's time to decorate:

Prepare the chocolate shell. Pour one entire package of white chocolate candy melts into a microwave safe bowl. Follow the melting instructions on the package.
If you are using 2 colors like I did, just do one at a time.

Place your candy stick about 1 inch into the chocolate, then stick the stick into the bottom of your cake egg. ( this acts as a glue)

Place your cake pops in the Styrofoam to harden while you are continuing with the remaining cake pops.

When I dip, you dip, we dip...
What worked for me was tilting my bowl a bit, then dipping the cake ball in at an angle and spinning it. Also using a spoon and be helpful to... It may take a few tries before you get it. but that's ok that's what the sprinkles are for ;)

Tap off any excess, that might drip.
TIP: if you do have one that is dripping, just wait until it dries to fix. Once it's dry you will easily be able to crack off any pieces that may be hanging down.

Directly after dipping, I sprinkle. Or else the coating will harden, and the sprinkles won't stick. Notice I didn't sprinkle all of mine.

once you are done with coating all of them

Fill a Ziploc bag with your colored white chocolate. Cut a small hole in one corner of the Ziploc back so that you can drizzle the colored chocolate over your pops.

 let them dry, then...

Enjoy!









10 comments:

  1. Love this idea! Plus it's only a little work for a big impact ( my kinda project!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable!! I don't think I could ever make them as cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOO cute and creative!! I love love these!! Great pictures too :) So crisp and clear

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I've always wanted to try making these, like the ball ones, but I always thought it was kind of hard
    You make it look so easy! Thanks for posting, I'm totally going to try it!
    -Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  5. They turned out amazing. I tried cake pops once a few years ago and they weren't nearly as cute. I'm not a very good dipper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, these look amazing!! I have 18 nieces and nephews. They would LOVE if I brought them over for Easter :) Thanks for sharing this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I made these I would eat every single pop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These turned out great! I hope you will link up to my Hippity Hop Easter Project Hop!

    www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed By Poppy Pixel Designs