Friday, April 13, 2012

Hanging Tin Can Herb Garden

 I have been talking about having a little herb garden for a long time and I never manage to do it. I got an idea to re-use some tin cans we had in the pantry, I thought they would make perfect planters for a little herb garden.

 The idea to have them hanging came because we don't have much of a backyard in our place up here in Ga. So I wanted to keep it smaller and compact.

I'm really happy with how they turned out, I think they are so cute!



You Will Need:
Clean Tins cans ( however many you want, in whatever sizes you want)
Paint and a paint brush( I used Martha Stewart "Beach Glass")
Rope
Hammer and a nail
 A Drill
and a key ring


Using your hammer and nail, punch holes in the bottom of the cans.
Then Drill a hole at the top of the can for the rope to fit through. After you have the holes, you can paint!



String the rope through and tie and knot. Tie the other end to the key ring. I started with the longest rope first, then went shorter from there. (Each can has it's own rope.) I tied a longer piece of rope around the other side of the ring so it could hang from our light fixture on the house outside. But you could easily have just the key ring hanging from a nail, or a hook.


The Finished Product!



21 comments:

  1. This looks cool and what a good way to reuse cans for Earth Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and SO creative! I love the teal color too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cute!!!!! I love making the most of my small garden space and you are recycling too!I am hosting an "anything Goes" linky party right now through Monday night and I would be super excited if you stopped by to link up!

    Kim @ Too Much Time
    http://too-much-time.com/2012/04/get-schooled-saturday-18.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is original!! I have tons of tin cans, I love this idea. I could see putting little annuals in them too. It is hard to come up with an original idea of upcycling tin cans, this is just amazing.

    I would love if you popped by my link party that runs through Sunday at midnight to link this up. This is something I would love to share with my readers next Friday. I am just so impressed! Thanks, -K

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! We are doing this at our home for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been thinking about an herb garden for awhile, too. Buying fresh herbs can become expensive! I am more motivated to start it now! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So darling, love the idea! Found this at Pin it to Win it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so good, I'm gonna save my cans and make some!

    ReplyDelete
  9. pinned this from the pin party...cute~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for linking this up! I will be sharing at my party that starts this afternoon. -K

    ReplyDelete
  11. Came from Pin It to Win It! I think I'll be trying a version of this to hang in my window =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. AHHH!!! Saw this from the DIY Dreamer - genius idea!! How do you tell them apart? Some chalkboard frames on their would be ooper cute!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. THIS IS SO CLEVER!!!!
    Just came in from Redoux Party!!!
    I will be making one soon!!!
    I have a backyard, but the herbs grow there and we are lazy (i know, I know...) to go down to pick the herbs!!!
    SO these will be hanging JUST OUTSIDE the kitchen door!!!
    Brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a great idea! New follower from the blog hop :)

    Stephanie
    www.chocolatecoveredbuttons.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is so cute, love it! I'm featuring it on my "Top 10 Awesome Recycled Craft Projects" today at www.cheapcraftymama.com, be sure to grab a button if you want. Also I would love for you to share this (and any other creations) at my "Pin It and Win It Wednesday" starting this evening!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed By Poppy Pixel Designs