You Will Need:
4 Chicken fillets cut down the center to make strips(shown)
2 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in half to make 4 thin fillets
salt & pepper
6 tblsp. butter
5 tblsp. olive oil
1/3 cup of lemon juice
1/2 cup of chicken stock
1/4 cup of capers
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour-shake off the excess.
- In a large skillet over med./high heat- melt 2 tblsp. of butter, and with 3 tblsp. of olive oil. When it starts to sizzle add 3 pieces of chicken ( if you used chicken breast cut in half to make a fillet, add 2 pieces) and cook for 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove and transfer to a plate.
- Melt 2 more tblsp. of butter,with 2 more tblsp of olive oil, and add 3 more pieces ( 2 if cut the other way) and cook another 3 minutes on each side, then add these to the plate.
- continue this pattern with the remainder (if any) of chicken, and set aside.
- In the skillet add lemon juice, chicken stock, and capers scraping the brown bits from the bottom of the pan for extra flavor.
- Return all chicken to the skillet and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken, add remaining 2 tblsp of butter to the sauce and whisk.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve.
I served this with steamed veggies, and it was delish! Seriously this recipe is so good!
....and I know there is a lot of butter!