Monday, January 9, 2012

Crock Pot Ropa Vieja



You will need:
1 (2 pound) beef chuck roast
3 cloves of garlic
2 red bell peppers, cut into wedges
2 green bell peppers, cut into wedges
1 yellow onion, cut into wedges
1 sweet onion cut into wedges
1/2 ( 6 ounce) can tomato paste
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
sprinkle of garlic powder
sprinkle of seasoned salt
sprinkle of ground black pepper
1 beef bouillon cube

Directions:
Pierce the beef roast to tenderize it and let the flavors in, and place into your crock pot with the garlic, red and green peppers, and onions. Stir in tomato paste, and red wine vinegar. Sprinkle with garlic powder,seasoned salt,and pepper. I break up my bouillon cube with my fingers and put the on top.
Cover, and cook on LOW,  for about 6 1/2 to 7 hrs. Take the beef out, and shred using two forks. Return the meat, stir, and cook for another 30 minutes.

I serve mine over rice...YUM! This so good. and Its really simple. I love my crock pot!

P.S....Follow me on Bloglovin!!

4 comments:

  1. ummm...this pretty much looks amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart the crock pot. It's my secret weapon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just recently used the crock pot for the first time and I fell in love with it. Definitely adding this to my list of recipes to try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's something amazing about cooking in a crock pot. Everything has has a good while to stew and absorb all the flavors and food just tastes so much better!! I have never had ropa vieja before but it looks utterly delicious!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed By Poppy Pixel Designs