Friday, December 16, 2011

Yesterday I let someone believe a lie..

Yesterday I did a little shopping, Yesterday I was in a baking mood and baked all day, yesterday I tried a new recipe for dinner, yesterday I let someone believe a lie....

So like I said I baked today. I was so proud of my goodies, I posted them on facebook for my friends and family to see, and so I could share something new.
(I get all excited to get comments it makes me happy)
One of my friend's commented and said " your so Susie homemaker and I love it!" and I left it at that...
I didn't say that behind my camera my house is only clean because my daughter is taking a nap.
I didn't say that the only reason I'm not in my loungey clothes is because I went shopping.
I didn't say that I cleared off and area in my kitchen to take this picture, because right now its covered in sprinkles and baking supplies.
I didn't say that without my coffee every morning I'm pretty sure I would be use less,
and I didn't say that somewhere in my house is a pacifier grave yard and only Ava knows its location.( she sleeps with a paci..no judging, it works for me!)

That's right I let her believe that I stay at home, wearing heels and dress, with perfect hair and make up,have a spotless house  and a toddler who sits and colors with NON- broken crayons. And that when my husband gets home from work there is a home cooked meal on the table ready to go, with fresh baked cookies from scratch...
well isn't that lovely?
I am not Susie homemaker. I wear leggings way to often, and I don't always feel like making a home cooked meal. I enjoy cooking, but sometimes I'm just not in the mood.
My life as a stay at home mom has been a true blessing for me, but its not what you see on TV. By the end of the day I'm exhausted! But I sleep good at night knowing I do the best I can, and that my family is happy and healthy.
I will never be a Susie homemaker..but that's fine with me!

Here's some of my goodies I made yesterday! yummy cake pops click here for recipe

I saw these on Made by Munchies Mama's blog and had to try them..how cute right!

3 comments:

  1. Every option in life has its pros and cons, ups and downs. However, I currently love the idea of eventually being able to stay home and take care of the kids (we don't have any yet), cooking, cleaning, and doing other domesticated jobs. This is ironic because my "plans" have never included staying home for more than 3-6 months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its great being able to stay home...my daughter is almost 2 and i have worked since she was 4 months old... My husband got a promotion about 3 months ago and now I am able to stay home. Im still getting into the swing of things, but i feel very blessed to have to opprotunity. Good luck to you in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a feeling we look a lot alike! And I don't think you let her believe a lie...I think "Susie Homemaker" looks a lot different than she used to! Love your blog! I am a new follower from the Blog Hop!
    Kim
    www.mytwintasticlife.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed By Poppy Pixel Designs